I was a college basketball coach for 17 years. I was known as a program re-builder who took over three different programs that were a combined 28-54 (.341) in the season prior to my arrival compared to my combined final season record at those same three schools of 59-32 (.648). My teams won two championships earning me Coach of the Year honors in 1989 and national recognition.
I appear regularly on nationally televised college basketball games on ESPN as well as numerous appearances in studio. I am also a national motivational speaker, published author and was recently inducted into the Rocky Mountain College athletic Ring of Honor. I live in Springboro, OH.
I have faced many professional challenges. One by one I have produced positive quantifiable results:
- As a basketball coach I took over three college basketball programs that had won only 34% of their games the season before I arrived. In my final season at these three universities, we won 64% of our games, including two championships, Coach of the Year honors and national recognition.
- As a professional salesman, I worked for 6 years for a manufacturing company that had sales of $46,000,000. Six years later our sales team doubled that business to $92,000,000. I was the top producing sales professional on that team.
- I set a goal in 1999 to become a college basketball analyst on ESPN. I now broadcast 35 games per season on the ESPN family of networks.
The Mark Adams File:
- 1997 to present: President, EnthusiAdams, Inc.
- 1996-2002: Sales Professional and Trainer, Dayton Technologies.
- 1999-Present: National College Basketball Analyst on the ESPN family of networks.
- Author of eight books, most recently, “WHY WE WIN- Followership and Leadership Strategies for Team Success!”, “MY ESPN EASONS” “REDWOODS- Spread Your Roots and Coach Your Team to Success!”, “WINNING IN OVERTIME: Championship Sales Strategies From a Championship Coach!” and two children’s stories titled, “Bucky’s Best Friend” and “A Boy Named Bucky”.
- 1997-07: Host of “Flyer Feedback,” WHIO-AM, Dayton, OH.
- 1979-1996: College Basketball Coach including:
- 1991-96: Head Coach, Central Connecticut State University (Led nation in blocked shots)
- 1989-91 Assistant Coach at Washington State University
- 1985-89 Head Coach at Western Oregon State University (West Division Champions)
- 1982-85 Head Coach at Rocky Mountain College, Billings, Montana (Regional Champs and NAIA National Tournament Bid)
- 1979-82 Assistant Coach at Idaho State University
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Education from the University of Cincinnati in 1979 and
- Master of Science Degree in Athletic Administration from Idaho State University in 1980.
Recent Blog Posts
Why Hire Me?
- I am a REAL coach with a unique perspective on what it takes to be successful in today's competitive world.
- I ‘scout' your individual and key team members up front and use their input and direct quotes to craft a message that fits their challenges and needs.
- When most speakers are done they grab their check and walk out the door. Not me, I coach your team members long after the applause dies down. I give every audience member my personal e-mail address and cell phone number and invite them to check-in with me in 30 days.
- I love coaching before, during and after the event!
More About My Approach >
Read real stories and unedited letters from clients!
See For Yourself >
Connect With Mark